If you’ve ever been on Instagram you’ll know that lavender fields are very popular places to take photographs. Wexford Lavender Farm ticks this box but goes way beyond to provide a lovely day out for the family. We go here often as it’s not too far from where we live and the whole family are happy to go.
Wexford Lavender Farm has two lavender fields, a play area, woodland walks, a craft shop and tea room and our favourite Billy the Bull Ride.
What’s to Do?
Pose in the lavender fields, walk around them and watch the bees. Play in the playground, or play giant snakes and ladders at the bottom of the second lavender field. Or take a ride on Billy the Bull. Or say hello to the animals in their pens. Or go explore the Woodland Warriors obstacle course, or the woodland walks in Curragh woods adjoining the farm.
Where is it?
Wexford Lavender Farm is near Inch, in County Wexford, close to Gorey.
You won’t believe this but the only charge is €3 for parking. Billy the Bull rides cost €2.50 per child, with family discounts applying.
What if it’s raining?
You’ll get wet… it’s an outdoor activity.
Is it buggy/baby friendly?
Yes, apart from the way down to the Woodland warriors part which would be hard going for a buggy, so if you want to do that bring a sling or carry baby.
Anything else we need to know?
- This is a really lovely, low key day out
- The kids play for hours in the playground
- It’s closed on Mondays
- The woodland warriors is a rustic walk and obstacle course in a part of woodland, it’s 1km long and lovely and wild. It’s down through a field so not buggy friendly.
- The café is open for takeaway to eat outside
- Lavender is for sale and there’s a little art shop too
- Some car spaces are available for pre-booking at a cost of €4 to facilitate those who have travelled a long way at weekend.
For more information check out their website https://wexfordlavenderfarm.com/