We visited Woodstock Gardens in South County Kilkenny a few weekends ago (July 2020). I remember coming to Woodstock as a child and loving to explore, but it’s about thirty years since my last visit!
Woodstock Gardens, Inistioge, Co, Kilkenny, the ruins of an old house and the beautiful grounds
What’s to see?
Gardens, trees, the ruins of Woodstock House
What’s to do?
Explore the gardens, the walled garden in particular is beautiful. Have a picnic, wander on the trails (and off them), play in the playground.
Where is it ?
Inistioge, Co. Kilkenny
€5 charge per car, payable via coins or contactless payment at the exit barrier
What if it’s raining?
Give it a miss, or wear your raincoat, it’s all outdoors
Is it buggy/baby friendly?
Anything else we need to know?
- The tea room has not reopened but there is a coffee cart
- Get here early or you may need to wait until someone leaves to be allowed entry
- Bring a picnic blanket and sit in the formal gardens
- On the way to the walled garden look to the left and you’ll see a door in the hedge, go explore through the door, there’s a tunnel and the ruin of a building
- Toilets are in the car park
For more see https://www.woodstock.ie /
Recommended for: Families, all ages, picnics, great place to meet groups