Hotels in Ireland with rooms for families of six
It can be difficult to find hotel accommodation in Ireland as a family of six. Most hotels require that you book two rooms, which doubles the bill. Here is a list of hotels that I have independently checked that can accommodate 2 adults and 4 children in one room.
This list is based on my list of hotels for larger families post here.
You may also be interested in checking self-catering accommodation on hotel grounds which I have written about here.
Please check the information with the hotel itself before booking as detail can change.
- ANTRIM: Hilton Templepatrick can accommodate two adults and up to four children in a family room, and kids aged 10 and under eat free when accompanied by an adult.
- CAVAN: Slieve Russell Hotel has family rooms that sleep 2 adults and 3 children and an extra bed or cot can be arranged which brings it to the magic 2 adults and 4 children.
- CLARE: Lahinch Coast Hotel in Clare has 2 bedroom suites which have 2 bedrooms each with 1 large double and 1 single bed which accommodate 6 comfortably.
- CORK: The Maritime Hotel, Bantry in West Cork has two bedroom suites that sleep 2 adults and 4 children in and consist of 2 separate interconnecting bedrooms – one double bedroom, one double or twin bedroom – and a separate living area which has the option to pull-out the double sofa bed for up to 2 children under 12.
- DERRY: Roe Park Resort Roe Park Resort has family suites that accommodate 2 adults and 4 children.
- DONEGAL: Mill Park Hotel, Donegal Town As well as standard family rooms they also have rooms that sleep up to 6, contact the hotel directly for enquiries. We’ve stayed at this hotel for a family wedding and found it has good facilities.
- DONEGAL: Great Northern Hotel, Bundoran A variety of different family rooms that can sleep up to 7, not including cots, (2 Doubles, 2 Singles and a fold out bed)
- DONEGAL: Holyrood Hotel, Bundoran. Family rooms sleep 2 adults and 4 children, and there’s a kids’ club.
- DUBLIN: Royal Marine Hotel, Dun Laoghaire. Family suites can be booked by contacting the hotel itself directly. These large suites include a King Sized Bed, Two Single Beds and Sofa Bed, sleeping 6. Great location in Dun Laoghaire with access to the DART nearby.
- DUBLIN: Bracken Court Hotel, Balbriggan has rooms that can sleep 2 adults and 4 children and offers Tayto Park packages in the seaside Co. Dublin town of Balbriggan.
- GALWAY: Connacht Hotel, Galway* Has family suites which have 2 separate bedrooms can sleep 2 adults, and 4 children (if one is in a cot). Read our review
- KERRY: Innisfallen Hotel, Killarney has one bedroom suites that have a double and 2 singles in the bedroom and another 2 singles in the living area, sleeping 2 adults and 4 children.
- KILDARE: Killashee House, Naas. The hotel confirms that it can accommodate 2 adults and 3 children in rooms with 2 queen beds and 1 single, and add a pull out bed to fit in a 4th child.
- LEITRIM: Lough Allen Hotel, Drumshambo. Family rooms with a double and 2/3 single beds and can fit a cot too. There also have a number of 2 bedroom apartments which sleep 2 adults, 4 children and a baby in a double bed and 4 single beds and a cot.
- LIMERICK: Castle Oaks Hotel, Castleconnell. Two bedroom family suites sleeping two adults and up to 4 children, in gorgeous surroundings.
- LIMERICK: Fitzgerald’s Woodlands House Hotel, Adare. The hotel has 2 bedroom suites that can sleep 6.
- MAYO: Breaffy House Resort, Castlebar. Bunk Bed Family Rooms accommodate 2 adults and up to 4 children.
- MAYO: Breaffy Woods Hotel, Castlebar. The three star sister property to Breaffy House Hotel above can accommodate families of 2 adults and up to 4 children.If you’ve anywhere to add, or hey if you’d like to invite us to test your family rooms for larger families do get in touch!
- MEATH: Pillo Hotel, Ashbourne. Convenient to Tayto Park the hotel can accomodate 2 adults and up to 4 children in a family room.
- SLIGO: The Diamond Coast Hotel in Enniscrone, Co. Sligo boasts that they offer “the largest family rooms in the Northwest”- rooms can accommodate 2 adults and 4 children under 12 in full size beds, and still have plenty of rooms for a cot and all of your luggage. In my twitter and instagram shout outs loads this hotel kept being recommended.
- SLIGO: Yeats Country Hotel, Rosses Point, offers family rooms that sleep up to 2 adults and up to 4 children in various bedding options. The hotel has a kids’ club during holidays and a pool.
- WATERFORD: The Strand Inn, Dunmore East. Family rooms sleep up to 6 in two sleeping areas.
- WESTMEATH: Radisson Blu Athlone has larger family rooms which sleep 2 adults and up to 4 children.
- WEXFORD: Maldron Wexford. Offers rooms for 2 adults and up to 6 kids, some rooms have a double and 3 singles, others 2 doubles and a single.
- WEXFORD: Amber Springs Hotel, Gorey, Co. Wexford, our local hotel and a real favourite with families, the family corner suites and family den suites have a separate kids’ area with 2 sets of bunk beds and a double bed in the adults’ area.
- WICKLOW: Glenview Hotel, Glen of the Downs. Superior Family Rooms sleep 2 adults and up to 4 children.