We have three children and struggle to find hotel rooms that can accommodate us in one room. It’s frustrating to say the least, but when the average family in Ireland has 1.38 children (I know, I was surprised too) I guess it makes business sense for hotels.
Lots of hotels are delighted to offer interconnecting rooms but this means two rooms and double the price which isn’t quite so delightful for the parents. (Some hotels do offer a 10% discount on the second room but costs are still very high to accommodate that one extra small person). When your kids are young or your budget is challenged, sleeping everyone in one room is often the best option.
So, with extensive research and help from my followers on Instagram and Twitter I’ve put together this list of hotels all over Ireland that can sleep families of 2 adults and 3 or more children in one room. (UPDATE- I now have a post for families of six – click here)
**Facts about hotels change from time to time, this list was last updated in July 2019, you should check all information with the hotel in question before you book.**
If you know other hotels that can do this that I have missed please do message me and I can add them once I have verified with the hotel that it ‘s the case. (Bumblesofrice@gmail.com or any of my social channels) And if you have a favourite or a tip on any of these let me know.
Hotels in Ireland with rooms for larger families
- ANTRIM: La Mon, Belfast is super family-friendly and has Deluxe Family Suites that sleep 2 adults and 3 kids (or a 4th too if they are in a cot)
- ANTRIM: Hilton Templepatrick can accommodate two adults and up to four children in a family room, and kids aged 10 and under eat free when accompanied by an adult.
- CAVAN: Slieve Russell Hotel has family rooms that sleep 2 adults and 3 children and an extra bed or cot can be arranged which brings it to the magic 2 adults and 4 children.
- CLARE: Lahinch Coast Hotel in Clare has 1 bedroom deluxe family suites (with living area and kitchenette) sleeping up to 5 with 1 double, 1 single and pullout sofa bed and similar 2 bedroom suites which have 2 bedrooms each with 1 large double and 1 single bed which accommodate 6 comfortably.
- CLARE: Treacy’s Oakwood Hotel, Shannon. Family Rooms can sleep up to 5 in a double and three single beds.
- CLARE: Treacy’s West County, Ennis. Family Bunk Rooms have a double bed and a double/single bunk, sleeping 2 adults and 3 children. The hotel has a leisure centre.
- CLARE: The Inn at Dromoland, Newmarket- on-Fergus. Larger family rooms sleep 2 adults and 3 children in a double and 3 single beds, they offer good value family breaks and have a leisure centre and play centre.
- CORK: The Maritime Hotel, Bantry in West Cork has two bedroom suites that sleep 2 adults and 4 children in and consist of 2 separate interconnecting bedrooms – one double bedroom, one double or twin bedroom – and a separate living area which has the option to pull-out the double sofa bed for up to 2 children under 12.
- CORK: Vienna Woods Hotel in Cork City have family rooms with a king sized bed and three single beds
- CORK: Actons Hotel, Kinsale. Family rooms sleep up to 5. Leisure Centre
- CORK: Rochestown Park Hotel in Cork offer rooms for 2 adults and 3 children and camp beds are also available. We stayed here when we had two children and found the hotel to be really child friendly. When we stayed we got the break as part of a Supervalu Getaway Break deal so they’re always worth checking out.
- CORK: Commons Inn. Basic accommodation, think motel not hotel, but has rooms with a double and three single beds. We’ve stayed here and while I wouldn’t be in a rush to return for the basic facilities, staff were pleasant and the bedroom set up was one of the best we’ve had for a big family room. (We paid for our own stay)
- CORK: Maldron Cork City can accomodate 2 adults and 3 children in one room.
- CORK: Clonakilty Park Hotel* (Formerly Quality Hotel Clonakilty) Family rooms available sleeping up to 6 (We stayed here in 2013 when the kids were 3 months, 2 and 4 as paying guests and in 2020 as guests of the hotel). The food is also very focussed towards children with lots of activities to entertain them including soft play on site and a teen zone, and family friendly pool. There’s also a creche (book 24 hours in advance) for younger kids in the soft play area.
- CORK: Westlodge Hotel, Bantry. We stayed here in a smaller family room in 2017 and the kids loved the hotel and kids’ club and the teen space. Superior Family Rooms sleep 2 adults and 3 children. (We paid for our own stay)
- CORK: Garryvoe Hotel, Ballycotton. Has rooms that sleep 5 with double bed, single bed and pull out couch in a gorgeous location opposite a beautiful sandy beach.
- CORK: Commodore Hotel, Cobh has large family rooms that sleep 5.
- DERRY: Roe Park Resort Roe Park Resort has family suites that accommodate 2 adults and 4 children.
- DERRY: Bushtown Hotel, Coleraine has Superior Family Rooms that are spacious and sleep 2 adults and 3 children in beds and one in cot.
- DONEGAL: Radisson Blu Hotel, Letterkenny – We’ve stayed in a family room which has 2 single beds in an alcove and a double and single pull out bed in the main room. (We stay here as a family and friends deal as a family member works in the hotel)
- DONEGAL: Mill Park Hotel, Donegal Town As well as standard family rooms they also have rooms that sleep up to 6, contact the hotel directly for enquiries. We’ve stayed at this hotel for a family wedding as paying guests and found it has good facilities including pool.
- DONEGAL: Great Northern Hotel, Bundoran A variety of different family rooms that can sleep up to 7, not including cots, (2 Doubles, 2 Singles and a fold out bed)
- DONEGAL: Central Hotel, Donegal. A variety of layouts of family rooms which can sleep up to 5.
- DONEGAL: Inishowen Gateway Hotel, Buncrana. Contact the hotel directly to book their larger family rooms.
- DONEGAL: Ballyliffin Lodge & Spa Hotel, Inishowen. Family rooms sleep 2 plus 2 and additional sofa bed and cots can be added.
- DONEGAL: Holyrood Hotel, Bundoran. Family rooms sleep 2 adults and 4 children, and there’s a kids’ club.
- DONEGAL: Rathmullan House has rooms that can sleep 5 and even some rooms that sleep 6
- DUBLIN: Clayton Hotel Dublin Airport have family rooms that sleep 2 adults and 3 kids uner 12 in a double bed, a double sofa bed and single bed. We have stayed here recently, it’s handy for the airport and they have good deals for airport parking.
- DUBLIN: Maldron Hotel Newlands Cross have rooms that sleep 2 adults and 3 kids under 12 with a double and single bed and a double pull out sofa bed. The hotel offers packages which include tickets to Dublin Zoo or Tayto Park.
- DUBLIN: Royal Marine Hotel, Dun Laoghaire. Family suites can be booked by contacting the hotel itself directly. These large suites include a King Sized Bed, Two Single Beds and Sofa Bed, sleeping 6. Great location in Dun Laoghaire with access to the DART nearby.
- DUBLIN: Talbot Hotel Stillorgan – Can accommodate families of 5 in one room on request, contact them direct to organise.
- DUBLIN: Bracken Court Hotel, Balbriggan has rooms that can sleep 2 adults and 4 children and offers Tayto Park packages in the seaside Co. Dublin town of Balbriggan.
- DUBLIN: Citywest Hotel, Saggart, Co. Dublin has a small number of rooms that can accommodate 2 adults and 3 children. The hotel has a pool and kids’ club and a great programme of kids’ activities during school holidays including cupcake parties, pizza parties, discos, costume parties, karaokes and fairy trails!
- DUBLIN: Clayton Hotel Liffey Valley can sleep 2 adults and 3 children under 12 in their Executive suites. The hotel has an outdoor playground and a Leisure Centre with kiddies’ pool.
- GALWAY: Connacht Hotel, Galway* has fabulous family accommodation to suit bigger families including rooms with bunks, and family suites. We stayed here as a gifted review in 2016 and really loved it. The Bunk Bed Rooms sleep 2+3 and the family suites which have 2 separate bedrooms can sleep 2 adults, and 4 children (if one is in a cot). Read our review here
- GALWAY: Claregalway Hotel. Accommodates families of 5 in large family rooms.
- GALWAY: Station House Hotel, Clifden Larger family rooms have a double, a sofa bed and a pull out bed, sleeping 2 adults and 3 children.
- GALWAY: Galway Bay Hotel. Two bedroom family suites sleep up to 5 in a great location on the Salthill Prom.
- GALWAY: Flannery’s Galway Family rooms available that sleep 2 adults and up to 3 children.
- GALWAY: Maldron Galway. Family Rooms have 2 doubles and 1 single bed.
- KERRY: Ballyroe Heights Hotel, Tralee. As well as standard family rooms of 1 double and 2 Singles, they have 2 family rooms one double bed and three single beds.
- KERRY: Hotel Killarney* Offers Family Suites with one bathroom and a kitchenette between two bedrooms. Read our review of our gifted stay here Playground in Hotel Killarney
- KERRY: Barr na Sráide Inn, Dingle. Room with 5 single beds available, in buzzing Dingle.
- KERRY: The Ross, Killarney. Has rooms that sleep 2 adults and 3 children in 2 doubles and 1 single.
- KERRY: Innisfallen Hotel, Killarney has one bedroom suites that have a double and 2 singles in the bedroom and another 2 singles in the living area, sleeping 2 adults and 4 children.
- KERRY: Dingle Bay Hotel, Dingle. Has a room that can sleep 2 adults and 3 children.
- KERRY: Ceann Sibeal Hotel, Ballyferriter has family rooms that can accomodate up to 5.
- KILDARE: Killashee House, Naas. The hotel confirms that it can accommodate 2 adults and 3 children in rooms with 2 queen beds and 1 single, and add a pull out bed to fit in a 4th child.
- KILDARE: Osprey Hotel, Naas has rooms that can fit 2 adults and 3 children under 12. The hotel has a kids’ club and a Parent and Baby room where parents can bring babies during the night to feed or change them without disturbing the rest of the family.
- KILKENNY: Newpark Kilkenny. Superior Family Room contains 2 double beds, 1 single bed, this hotel comes highly recommended for kids’ facilities.
- LAOIS: Midlands Park Hotel, Portlaoise. Family rooms in a variety of configurations that can sleep 2 adults and 3 children under 10.
- LAOIS: Maldron Portlaoise offer some larger family rooms that have 2 double beds and one single. This hotel has a leisure centre.
- LEITRIM: Lough Allen Hotel, Drumshambo. Family rooms with a double and 2/3 single beds and can fit a cot too. There also have a number of 2 bedroom apartments which sleep 2 adults, 4 children and a baby in a double bed and 4 single beds and a cot.
- LEITRIM: Carrick Plaza Suites in Carrick on Shannon
- LIMERICK: Castle Oaks Hotel, Castleconnell. Two bedroom family suites sleeping two adults and up to 4 children, in gorgeous surroundings.
- LIMERICK: Fitzgerald’s Woodlands House Hotel, Adare. The hotel has family rooms that sleep up to 5 and 2 bedroom suites that can sleep 6, in a really family friendly setting.
- LOUTH: Crowne Plaza Hotel Dundalk, Co. Louth.* Sleeps 5 in family rooms with 2 double beds and 1 fold out bed. We were gifted a stay here last Easter and really enjoyed it packages on offer include a pass to Tayto Park or Slieve Gullion. You can read all about the hotel here. Crowne Plaza Dundalk
- LOUTH: Carrickdale Hotel offers HUGE rooms that can sleep 2 adults and 3 children, and interconnecting rooms. The hotel has a pool and leisure centre and crazy golf on site, and is a short drive from Slieve Gullion.*We had a gifted stay here in July 2021, you can read about it here.
- MAYO: Breaffy House Resort, Castlebar. Bunk Bed Family Rooms accommodate 2 adults and up to 4 children.
- MAYO: Breaffy Woods Hotel, Castlebar. The three star sister property to Breaffy House Hotel above can accommodate families of 2 adults and up to 4 children.
- MAYO: Westport Country Lodge. Larger family rooms have a king size & single bed with a pull out double sofa bed, sleeping 5.
- MAYO: Hotel Westport has family rooms which sleep 2 adults and 3 children (one on a camp bed) and family suites which sleep 2 adults and 3 children in a double bed and three singles.
- MEATH: Pillo Hotel, Ashbourne. Convenient to Tayto Park the hotel can accommodate 2 adults and up to 4 children in a family room, very convenient to Tayto Park
- MEATH: Knightsbrook Hotel, Trim has rooms that sleep 2 adults and 3 children and offers Tayto Park packages.
- MONAGHAN: Hillgrove Hotel, Monaghan Town. The Hillgrove has a great family offering including kids’ club, playground and teen zone. Family rooms can sleep 2 adults and 3 children.
- MONAGHAN: Four Seasons Hotel, Monaghan has rooms that fit 2 adults and 3 children.
- OFFALY: County Arms, Birr. Family bedrooms include bunks, add an extra bed to sleep 5 and a cot if your 4th child fits in one.
- OFFALY: Bridge House Hotel, Tullamore has family suites that sleep 2 adults and 3 children and it’s possible to add camp beds for additional children, contact the hotel.
- SLIGO: Clayton Hotel Sligo have 2 bedroom family suites with a king size bed & single bed in one room and open plan second room containing 2 single beds and kitchenette.
- SLIGO: The Diamond Coast Hotel in Enniscrone, Co. Sligo boasts that they offer “the largest family rooms in the Northwest”- rooms can accommodate 2 adults and 4 children under 12 in full size beds, and still have plenty of rooms for a cot and all of your luggage. In my twitter and instagram shout outs loads this hotel kept being recommended.
- SLIGO: Yeats Country Hotel, Rosses Point, offers family rooms that sleep up to 2 adults and up to 4 children in various bedding options. The hotel has a kids’ club during holidays and a pool. We stayed here in 2020, the location is super beside the beach in Rosses Point.
- SLIGO: Ocean Sands Hotel, Enniscrone. Family Rooms can sleep up to 5.
- SLIGO: Murphy’s Hotel, Tubbercurry. We stayed here in this family run hotel on the Main Street in Tubbercurry in October 2021 – Our room had 2 doubles and a single bed, and a separate seating area. The breakfast, served in the bar/restaurant downstairs had pancakes and excellent cinnamon french toast.
- TYRONE: Glenavon House Hotel, Cookstown. Family rooms can sleep 2 adults and 3 children, plus an additional infant in cot.
- WATERFORD: Park Hotel, Dungarvan, Co. Waterford. Family bedrooms offer two double beds, or one double bed and two single beds can be provided on request. Additional single beds be required they can be provided at an additional nightly charge of €15.00 per night. We stayed here in April 2019, read our review here.
- WATERFORD: The Strand Inn, Dunmore East. Family rooms sleep up to 6 in two sleeping areas.
- WESTMEATH: Glasson Golf Resort, Co. Westmeath West County has family rooms that sleep 5 with one double bed, 2 singles and a camp bed.
- WESTMEATH: Hodson Bay Hotel, Athlone. Offers 2 bedroom family suites that sleep up to 5. The hotel has a fabulous pool and leisure complex.
- WESTMEATH: Bloomfield House Hotel, Mullingar. Family rooms that sleep 5 with double bed, single bed and sofa bed.
- WESTMEATH: Radisson Blu Athlone has larger family rooms which sleep 2 adults and up to 4 children.
- WEXFORD: Maldron Wexford. Offers rooms for 2 adults and up to 6 kids, some rooms have a double and 3 singles, others 2 doubles and a single.
- WEXFORD: Amber Springs Hotel, Gorey, Co. Wexford, our local hotel and a real favourite with families, the family corner suites and family den suites have a separate kids’ area with 2 sets of bunk beds and a double bed in the adults’ area.
- WEXFORD: Ashdown Park Hotel, Gorey Family rooms have 1 double and 2 singles but an extra camp bed or cot can be included to accommodate 3 kids. The hotel has a pool, playroom and supervised kids’ club during school holidays.
- WEXFORD: Treacy’s Hotel, Enniscorthy. Family rooms that sleep up to 5 in various configurations, lots to do in the area and access to the local leisure centre.
- WEXFORD: Talbot Hotel, Wexford. Spacious family rooms sleep up to 5. Hotel has a kids’ club during the holidays and a leisure centre.
- WEXFORD: Riverside Park Hotel, Enniscorthy. Family Rooms sleep 5, hotel has a leisure centre.
- WICKLOW: Glenview Hotel, Glen of the Downs. Superior Family Rooms sleep 2 adults and up to 4 children.
If you’ve anywhere to add, or hey if you’d like to invite us to test your family rooms for larger families do get in touch!
*Stays at properties with an asterisk were gifted
Brilliant post – will definitely be a great resource for families looking for places to stay around Ireland!
This is a fantastic list! I’ll be coming back to this post a LOT!
Fab list thanks for putting it together Sinead. So surprised (and disappointed) to see that there is only one hotel in Dublin.
I’ve a couple more to add to it that are Dublin and I’ll keep hunting 🙂
Great list Sinead. We always struggled to find rooms for five kids. . This is great. The Glenavon in Cookstown, Cookstown have fabulous family rooms as does Trim Castle Hotel in Trim.
Great list Sinead. We always struggled to find rooms for five kids. . This is great. The Glenavon in Cookstown, Co Tyrone have fabulous family rooms as does Trim Castle Hotel in Trim.
Thanks Una I’ll check them out.
Scott’s Hotel in Killarney have apartments for families too with 2 bedrooms, living room/kitchen with sofa bed.
The Breaffy Woods Hotel Castlebar has rooms for families of 6 & fantastic kids club
Thanks, I’ll check with the hotel and add it
Pingback: Hotels in Ireland for Families of Six - Bumbles of Rice
The Great National Abbey Court Hotel in Nenagh, Co.Tipperary have family rooms. It’s a room within a room. Kids loved it.
If we have 3 kids, ages 7,6,4 do you think we could get away with one room at adare manor?!
sorry i haven’t stayed there so can’t help
Pingback: 21 Experiences to Gift Families this Christmas - Bumbles of Rice
This is an amazing list. I’ve used it for several hotels now. There is no easy way of finding out which hotels will let you sleep 5 in a room! Thanks so much!
Thanks for taking the time to comment!
Pingback: 35 hotel rooms in Ireland that sleep families of five, six or more – Faroeislands News
Pingback: 35 hotel rooms in Ireland that sleep families of five, six or more – Beli Disitu
Thank You for sharing this amazing list of hotels, it will definitely help a lot for the traveler and especially for the family coming to explore to Ireland. Appreciate your research.