We have three children and struggle to find hotel rooms that can accommodate us in one room. It’s frustrating to say the least, but when the average family in Ireland has 1.38 children (I know, I was surprised too) I guess it makes business sense for hotels.
Lots of hotels are delighted to offer interconnecting rooms but this means two rooms and double the price which isn’t quite so delightful for the parents. (Some hotels do offer a 10% discount on the second room but costs are still very high to accommodate that one extra small person). When your kids are young or your budget is challenged, sleeping everyone in one room is often the best option.
So, with extensive research and help from my followers on Instagram and Twitter I’ve put together this list of 42 hotels all over Ireland that can sleep families of 2 adults and 3 or more children in one room.
If you know other hotels that can do this that I have missed please do message me and I can add them once I have verified with the hotel that it ‘s the case. (Bumblesofrice@gmail.com or any of my social channels) And if you have a favourite or a tip on any of these let me know.
Hotels in Ireland with rooms for larger families
- ANTRIM: La Mon, Belfast is super family-friendly and has Deluxe Family Suites that sleep 2 adults and 3 kids (or a 4th too if they are in a cot)
- CAVAN: Slieve Russell Hotel has family rooms that sleep 2 adults and 3 children and an extra bed or cot can be arranged which brings it to the magic 2 adults and 4 children.
- CLARE: Lahinch Coast Hotel in Clare has 1 bedroom deluxe family suites (with living area and kitchenette) sleeping up to 5 with 1 double, 1 single and pullout sofa bed and similar 2 bedroom suites which have 2 bedrooms each with 1 large double and 1 single bed which accommodate 6 comfortably.
- CORK: The Maritime Hotel, Bantry in West Cork has two bedroom suites that sleep 2 adults and 4 children in and consist of 2 separate interconnecting bedrooms – one double bedroom, one double or twin bedroom – and a separate living area which has the option to pull-out the double sofa bed for up to 2 children under 12.
- CORK: Vienna Woods Hotel in Cork City have family rooms with a king sized bed and three single beds
- CORK: Actons Hotel, Kinsale. Family rooms sleep up to 5.
- CORK: Rochestown Park Hotel in Cork offer rooms for 2 adults and 3 children and camp beds are also available. We stayed here when we had two children and found the hotel to be really child friendly. When we stayed we got the break as part of a Supervalu Getaway Break deal so they’re always worth checking out.
- CORK: Commons Inn. Basic accommodation, think motel not hotel, but has rooms with a double and three single beds. We’ve stayed here and while I wouldn’t be in a rush to return for the basic facilities, staff were pleasant and the bedroom set up was one of the best we’ve had for a big family room. (We paid for our own stay)
- CORK: Maldron Cork City can accomodate 2 adults and 3 children in one room.
- CORK: Westlodge Hotel, Bantry. We stayed here in a smaller family room in 2017 and the kids loved the hotel and kids’ club and the teen space. Superior Family Rooms sleep 2 adults and 3 children. (We paid for our own stay)
- CORK: Garryvoe Hotel, Ballycotton. Has rooms that sleep 5 with double bed, single bed and pull out couch in a gorgeous location opposite a beautiful sandy beach.
- DERRY: Roe Park Resort Roe Park Resort has family suites that accommodate 2 adults and 4 children.
- DONEGAL: Radisson Blu Hotel, Letterkenny – We’ve stayed in a family room which has 2 single beds in an alcove (We stay here as a family and friends deal as a family member works in the hotel)
- DONEGAL: Mill Park Hotel, Donegal Town As well as standard family rooms they also have rooms that sleep up to 6, contact the hotel directly for enquiries. We’ve stayed at this hotel for a family wedding and found it has good facilities.
- DONEGAL: Great Northern Hotel, Bundoran A variety of different family rooms that can sleep up to 7, not including cots, (2 Doubles, 2 Singles and a fold out bed)
- DUBLIN: Maldron Hotel Newlands Cross have rooms that sleep 2 adults and 3 kids under 12 with a double and single bed and a double pull out sofa bed. The hotel offers packages which include tickets to Dublin Zoo or Tayto Park.
- DUBLIN: Royal Marine Hotel, Dun Laoghaire. Family suites can be booked by contacting the hotel itself directly. These large suites include a King Sized Bed, Two Single Beds and Sofa Bed, sleeping 6. Great location in Dun Laoghaire with access to the DART nearby.
- GALWAY: Connacht Hotel, Galway* has fabulous family accommodation to suit bigger families including rooms with bunks, and family suites. We stayed here as a gifted review in 2016 and really loved it. The Bunk Bed Rooms sleep 2+3 and the family suites which have 2 separate bedrooms can sleep 2 adults, and 4 children (if one is in a cot). Read our review here
- GALWAY: Claregalway Hotel. Accommodates families of 5 in large family rooms.
- GALWAY: Station House Hotel, Clifden Larger family rooms have a double, a sofa bed and a pull out bed, sleeping 2 adults and 3 children.
- GALWAY: Galway Bay Hotel. Two bedroom family suites sleep up to 5 in a great location on the Salthill Prom.
- GALWAY: Flannery’s Galway Family rooms available that sleep 2 adults and up to 3 children.
- GALWAY: Maldron Galway. Family Rooms have 2 doubles and 1 single bed.
- KERRY: Ballyroe Heights Hotel, Tralee. As well as standard family rooms of 1 double and 2 Singles, they have 2 family rooms one double bed and three single beds.
- KERRY: Hotel Killarney* Offers Family Suites with one bathroom and a kitchenette between two bedrooms. Read our review of our gifted stay here
- KERRY: Barr na Sráide Inn, Dingle. Room with 5 single beds available, in buzzing Dingle.
- KILDARE: Killashee House, Naas. The hotel confirms that it can accommodate 2 adults and 3 children in rooms with 2 queen beds and 1 single, and add a pull out bed to fit in a 4th child.
- KILKENNY: Newpark Kilkenny. Superior Family Room contains 2 double beds, 1 single bed, this hotel comes highly recommended for kids’ facilities.
- LAOIS: Midlands Park Hotel, Portlaoise. Family rooms in a variety of configurations that can sleep 2 adults and 3 children under 10
- LIMERICK: Woodlands Hotel, Adare. Family Rooms boast spacious sleeping and sofa areas , they are larger in size, offering a minimum of 27 square metres (290 square foot). Ideal for families of up to 2 adults and 3 children,
- LIMERICK: Castle Oaks Hotel, Castleconnell. Two bedroom family suites sleeping two adults and up to 4 children, in gorgeous surroundings.
- LOUTH: Crowne Plaza Hotel Dundalk, Co. Louth.* Sleeps 5 in family rooms with 2 double beds and 1 fold out bed. We were gifted a stay here last Easter and really enjoyed it packages on offer include a pass to Tayto Park or Slieve Gullion. You can read all about the hotel here.
- MEATH: Pillo Hotel, Ashbourne. Convenient to Tayto Park the hotel can accomodate 2 adults and up to 4 children in a family room.
- MAYO: Breaffy House Resort, Castlebar. Bunk Bed Family Rooms accommodate 2 adults and up to 4 children.
- MONAGHAN: Hillgrove Hotel, Monaghan Town. The Hillgrove has a great family offering including kids’ club, playground and teen zone. Family rooms can sleep 2 adults and 3 children
- OFFALY: County Arms, Birr. Family bedrooms include bunks, add an extra bed to sleep 5 and a cot if your 4th child fits in one.
- SLIGO: Clayton Hotel Sligo have 2 bedroom family suites with a king size beds & single bed in one room and open plan second rooms containing 2 single beds and kitchenette.
- SLIGO: The Diamond Coast Hotel in Enniscrone, Co. Sligo boasts that they offer “the largest family rooms in the Northwest”- rooms can accommodate 2 adults and 4 children under 12 in full size beds, and still have plenty of rooms for a cot and all of your luggage. In my twitter and instagram shout outs loads this hotel kept being recommended.
- WATERFORD: Park Hotel, Dungarvan, Co. Waterford. Family bedrooms offer two double beds, or one double bed and two single beds can be provided on request. Additional single beds be required they can be provided at an additional nightly charge of €15.00 per night.
- WESTMEATH: Glasson Golf Resort, Co. Westmeath West County has family rooms that sleep 5 with one double bed, 2 singles and a camp bed.
- WESTMEATH: Hodson Bay Hotel, Athlone. Offers 2 bedroom family suites that sleep up to 5. The hotel has a fabulous pool and leisure complex.
- WESTMEATH: Bloomfield House Hotel, Mullingar. Family rooms that sleep 5 with double bed, single bed and sofa bed.
- WEXFORD: Maldron Wexford. Offers rooms for 2 adults and up to 6 kids, some rooms have a double and 3 singles, others 2 doubles and a single.
- WEXFORD: Amber Springs Hotel, Gorey, Co. Wexford, our local hotel and a real favourite with families, the family corner suites and family den suites have a separate kids’ area with 2 sets of bunk beds and a double bed in the adults’ area.
- WEXFORD: Ashdown Park Hotel, Gorey Family rooms have 1 double and 2 singles but an extra camp bed or cot can be included to accommodate 3 kids. The hotel has a pool, playroom and supervised kids’ club during school holidays.
- WEXFORD: Treacys Hotel, Enniscorthy. Family rooms that sleep up to 5 in various configurations, lots to do in the area and access to the local leisure centre.
- WICKLOW: Glenview Hotel, Glen of the Downs. Superior Family Rooms sleep 2 adults and up to 4 children.
If you’ve anywhere to add, or hey if you’d like to invite us to test your family rooms for larger families do get in touch!
*Stays at properties with an asterisk were gifted