The weather hasn’t exactly been amazing so it’s good to have a Netflix standby list for when those outdoor activities are just not going to happen.
Here are some of the summer’s Netflix highlights:
For the Adults
Stranger Things: This is the one everyone is talking about, and I’m engrossed. It’s set in the 1980’s and is, well, a sci-fi horror. Think X-Files meets ET meets Goonies meets I don’t know what else. It’s just brilliant, watch it.
Gilmore Girls: Perfect hangover TV, watch all the old episodes now in preparation for the NEW EPISODES coming in November as “Gilmore Girls: A Year in the Life” which is four 90-minute chapters, each spanning one of the four seasons: Winter, Spring, Summer and Fall. What happened next? We’re about to find out!
For the Kids
- Peppa Pig – what more could a three year old girl want?
- PAW Patrol – there’s an extra season now!
- Word Party – a new series for preschoolers
- Lego Ninjago- my boys can’t get enough of these, but are hoping for more seasons
- Voltron- nostalgia, I’ve found myself getting enthralled in these too
- H20 Mermaid Adventures: The three of them will all agree to watch this, the small girl likes the mermaids, the boys like the adventures and the environmental messages.
For the Family
- SHREK-TASTIC! Shrek 2, Shrek the Third, Shrek Forever After – ALL available NOW.
- Charlotte’s Web
- Chicken Run
- The Addams Family
What are you watching? And what will I watch next?
Disclosure: I am a member of the Netflix Stream Team and received a Netflix subscription and an Apple TV in return for posting Netflix updates and reviews. However, all opinions and recommendations are my own, and I already had a personal subscription before joining the Stream Team.
I am one of ten finalists in the Boots Maternity and Infant Awards in the “Best Parenting Blog”. Thanks so much to everyone who voted for me in the first round. Voting in the next round is open until 28th August and you can vote from anywhere in the world. You can vote by clicking here or on the massive pink button above and choosing Bumbles of Rice. (It’s easiest to do if you click the facebook option). Any votes and shares are very, very much appreciated. Thanks!